TOP 10 TIPS FOR ATTENDING A BRIDAL SHOW
Bridal Show season is around the corner. For those who are getting married, it can be an exciting and confusing time. There are lots of shows to attend and so much to see. How do you handle it all?
Just like the wedding, the bridal shows will go much smoother with a little planning. Be prepared before you attend to get the most out of each and every minute.
Top 10 tips for attending a bridal show
- THREE IS NOT A CROWD: Bring your fiance, parents, bridesmaids, friends and long lost relatives. They can help you cover twice the ground and offer opinions about the choices of wedding merchants. (Note: About 30% of fiancés attend, in spite of what yours may say! Last time I checked, men liked cake samples too.)
- GET TIME ON YOUR SIDE: Plan to spend at least 2 hours so you can visit all the wedding vendors and see at least one fashion preview. You will regret it if you don't. No where else will you accomplish so much in so little time.
- STICK IT TO WIN: Bring pre-printed address labels for prizes and giveaways. Many vendors hold drawings for trips, prizes, and discounts. Your labels save you from repeatedly writing your name and address. This saves time and ink. You can even print some of your own and include your email address.
- DON'T FORGET YOUR WALLET: Bring your checkbook in case you might want to book services or hold dates with a deposit. The top photographers, caterers, florists, and DJs book up quickly.
- BRING YOUR CALENDAR: With so much talent in one location, you are sure to find vendors you would like to schedule a one-on-one consultation with.
- HAVE A PLAN: Know what you are looking for and have questions in mind. You will save time and see everything that’s important to you.
- COMFORT MATTERS: Wear comfortable shoes. You will be doing a lot of walking and it's hard to concentrate on what you're doing with aching feet.
- HAVE A BACK-UP PLAN: If you're out of town, send a substiute to to collect information on services you need and register you for prizes.
- HAVE NO FEAR: Ask questions! The vendors are there to help you. You are under no pressure to buy from them, so find out everything you need to know. Most of the vendors have years of experience and can give you great and practical information.
- KNOW YOUR OPTIONS: There are lots of shows scheduled from January - April each year. Know what's available. Some vendors and venues even host their own private shows. Check it out and make a schedule. That way you won't miss a thing.
Want to meet and greet with Mr. Burch Formal Wear? Check out the shows where we will be this season.
● January 6 from 1:00pm – 4:00pm – SHELBY LIVING BRIDAL SHOW
● January 6 from 1:00pm – 4:00pm – BRIDAL MARKET by PWG
● January 13 from 12:00- 5:00 pm – SOUTHERN BRIDAL SHOW
● February 24 – A BRIDAL AFFAIR
● February 24 from 1:00 - 4:00pm - WEDDINGS 101, TRAVEL PLANNERS
● August 11 from 1:00 - 4:00pm – TRUSSVILLE CHAMBER BRIDAL SHOW